In 2014, the BBF established a Council to advise it concerning future development and modernization.
The members of the Council are recruited from the community of scholars of all three fields of activity of the BBF: library, archive and research.They support the BBF throughout its process of change and development as research library by giving scholarly advice. Meetings will be held on an annual basis.
Members of the Council of the BBF are:
- Esther Chen, M.A. (LIS), Head of the Library, Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science, Berlin
- Dr. Wilhelm Füßl, Head of the Archive, Deutsches Museum München
- Prof. Dr. Edith Glaser, University of Kassel (Representative of the Division for the History of Education at the DGfE)
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Christoph Hobohm, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Hoffmann-Ocon, Head of the Centre for School History, Zurich University of Teacher Education
- Dr. Elija Horn, Technical University of Braunschweig
- Prof. Tomáš Kasper, Ph.D., Technical University, Liberec/Charles University, Prague
- Prof. Dr. Sylvia Kesper-Biermann, Universität Hamburg
- Prof. Dr. Frank Tosch, University of Potsdam
- Prof Dr. Peer Trilcke, University of Potsdam/Theodor-Fontane-Archiv
- Dr. Jane Weiß, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin