Contact & Opening Hours
Contact data and opening hours of the library, archive and research unit. Information about changed opening hours you will find in the left frame and on the news page.
Library and Archive Usage During the Covid19-Pandemic (Status: 1.11.2021)
+++ BBF library and archive are open for on-site use Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with conditions. +++
The entrance is located at Warschauer Straße 34, 1st floor.
- Of course, the Berlin SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance, as amended, and the protective measures established by the Institute continue to apply: Before visiting, we ask you to register by e-mail or by phone during opening hours. To avoid waiting times, please indicate the books and archival materials you wish to borrow or use on site when registering. Prior notification is not necessary for books from the open stacks that can be accessed directly.
Phone +49 (030) 29 33 60-996
Phone +49 (030) 29 33 60-612
- The number of reading room working places that can be used at the same time is limited. Therefore, please wait for confirmation of your appointment.
- Visitors must wear a medical mask during their entire stay in the building.
- The 3G rule applies to the use of a reading room working place: you will need proof of completed vaccination against SARS-CoV-2, proof of recovery from Covid-19, or a daily negative test for infection with SARS-CoV-2. A contact tracking form must befilled for each visit and will be destroyed after two weeks. It can be downloaded below and completed prior to the visit.
- No test or appointment is necessary to check out or return books, we only ask that you pre-order the books you need so they can be ready for you.
- Your stay in the library should not be extended longer than necessary. Therefore, the library vestibule is currently closed for use as a break room. If you wish to eat something, we ask that you do so outside the BBF. The respective working places will be assigned to you by the library staff and may only be changed in consultation with them.
- We kindly ask you to observe the rules of hygiene and distance at all times.
Do you have questions about a specific topic? You are welcome to contact the relevant contact persons directly.
The research unit is located at Warschauer Straße 38, staircase C, on the 3rd floor.