Library and archive use during the Covid19-pandemic
The archive and library of the BBF are open again for on-site use Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Beginning Monday, September 20, 2021, opening hours will be extended to 6 p.m.
Of course, the Berlin SARS-CoV-2 infection protection rules in their currently valid version and the protective measures established by the DIPF continue to apply:
- Before visiting, we ask you to make an appointment by e-mail or by phone during opening hours, also specifying the books and archival materials you want to borrow or use on-site, in order to avoid waiting times. This is not necessary for books from holdings in the open stacks, which are directly accessible.
Phone: +49 (030) 29 33 60-996
Phone +49 (030) 29 33 60-612
The number of workplaces in the reading room that can be used at the same time are limited. Therefore, please wait for the confirmation of your appointment.
- Visitors must wear an FFP2 mask during their entire stay in the building.
- To use a reading room workplace, you will need a negative SARS-CoV-2 test of the same day, proof of recovery from infection with SARS-CoV-2 or proof or completed vaccination (plus 15 days). No test is required for book checkout.
- The respective workstation will be assigned by the library staff and may only be changed if the staff has agreed.
- The stay in the BBF should not be extended longer than necessary. Therefore, at present, the vestibule may not be used, for example to eat.
- We ask you to always observe the well known hygiene and distance rules.